Core Training Workout: Five Exercises To Build Core Strength
This core training workout includes 5 exercises that will help strengthen you from obliques to erectors.
Your core is made up of much more than just your abdominals. Major core muscle groups include:
- Rectus abdominus. Known as the “abs”, it is a wall of muscle that runs from your breastbone to your pelvis.
- Transverses abdominis. This muscle group is underneath your obliques. It is considered a major part of the core.
- Multifidus. Made up of a number of fasciculi (fleshy and tendon-like) that reside on both sides of the spinuous processes of the vertabrae.
- Erector Spinae. This muscle group is on your back, running along the vertabral column.
- Internal and external obliques. These 2 muscle groups run from your ribs to your hips.
If you want core strength you have to work more than just your abs.
The following core workout should be performed twice a week, with several days of rest in between sessions. You will be working your abs, lower back, and obliques.
Core Strength Workout
Perform 2x Each Week.
|Plank with Feet On Bench||3-4||60 Seconds|
|Dumbbell Side Bends||3-4||12-15|
|Sit Ups||3-4||60 Seconds|